Environment, Health & Safety Policies
It is the policy of Golar LNG Partners that in all its activities there is a commitment to provide a safe and healthy working environment for its employees and any third parties and to carry out its operations in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. This will be achieved through the following principles and objectives.
Principles and Objectives:
- Regular examination of our operations to identify risks and apply effective loss control management systems to minimise injury, occupational health hazards, property damage and environmental harm.
- Ensure that Golar operations comply with mandatory rules and regulations and that applicable codes, guidelines and the highest industry standards are taken into account when formulating procedures. Take a proactive approach to any new or impending legislation that is identified and that is pertinent to the environment aspects of the company’s activities.
- Employ suitably competent and qualified personnel who are capable of conducting operations in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Provide suitable training for personnel to enable them to effectively utilise operational procedures.
- Monitor the safety and environmental aspects of all operations and conduct investigations of shipboard incidents and near incidents.
- Formulate corrective and preventive actions, from incident investigation and audit reports, to improve safety and environmental management skills onboard ship and in the office.
- Maintain contingency plans to be used in the case of all identified emergency situations.
- Implement and maintain an Environment Management System (EMS) that promotes the continuous improvement of Golar’s quality principles.
Golar LNG Partners is committed to providing the necessary resources to allow its subsidiary management company, Golar Management and its third party Ship Managers to establish and maintain high environment, health, safety and quality standards.